Inbred Rice Research and Development
The Center is a scientific unit belonging to FCRI with the following functions: Researching, developing technology and tranferring on inbred rice in the North and Central regions of Vietnam
- Building strategy on researching, developing, and tranferring technology and projects for inbred rice
- Developing, selecting and breeding inbred rice and special rice for the Red River Delta and other regions with the same cultivation conditions.
- Conducting research on cultivation and technology to develop inbred rice with high and stable yield, tolerant to major pests and diseases, tolerant to abiotic stress, and met the demand of sustainable development
- Maintaining rice genplasm, orginal and breeder varietal seed and tranferring technology and doing extension.
- Participating in import and export inbred rice varieties and technologies for rice producing according to the Vietnamese and international laws and regulations.
- Anually building detailed activity plans for affiliated departments/units on the basis of balancing ability, financial and human resources to make maximum use of potentials of land, specialty products, technical staff, machinery and equipment of the Center.
Directors: MSc. Nguyen Anh Dung
Lien Hong – Hai Duong – Hai Duong
Tel: (84) 220 3716928
Fax: (84) 220 3716385