Authors: Doan Xuan Canh, Nguyen Van Tan, Do Thi Thuy
Tomat VT5 is a hybrid variety selected D7xD15 population. It was registered to be tested in large production and have been approved by the Scientific Committee of Ministry of Agricultural and Rural Development (MARD) Vietnam in January 2015.
2. Major morphology and varietal characteristics
– Growth duration: 120 – 130 days, first harvested fruits are at 70-72 days after sowing. Harvesting duration: 30-35 days
– Plant height: 90-95cm; semi-intermediate form, normal blue leave shapes, flowers and fruit set in intermediate forms, bright red ripen fruits color, round fruits with H/D of 1.2, thick pulp, little seed, dry matter content> 6.0%, Brix 5.0 to 5.2 %.
– Average yield: fall-winter season (47 – 49 tons/ha), winter season (62-65 tons/ha).
– Bacterial Wilt and Gray Leaf Spot resistance
Field Crops Research Institute
Add. Lien Hong, Gia Loc, Hai Duong, Vietnam