Root and Tuber Crops Research and Development
The Center is a scientific unit belonging to FCRI with the following functions: Researching, developing technology and tranferring on tuber and root crops (potato, sweet potato, cassava and other tuber crops) in the whole country
- Building strategy on researching, developing, and tranferring technology and projects for tuber and root crops
- Research on genes, selecting and breeding on tuber and root crops
- Research on cultivation method, storage technology and post harvest, processing and developing tuber and root crops
- Colaborating with other organizations in and out country in the field of tuber and root crops according to the State laws and regulations
- Training and consulting and doing service on technology and extension on tuber and root crops
- Maintaining the orginal and breeder varietal seed, tranferring advanced technology on tuber and root crops
- Producing, storaging, processing, selling and importing tuber and root crops and others related.
- Anually, building detailed activity plans for affiliated departments/units on the basis of balancing ability, financial and human resources to make maximum use of potentials of land, specialty products, technical staff, machinery and equipment of the Center.
Director: Dr. Trinh Van My
Deputy Director: MSc. Nguyen Trong Hien
Deputy Director: MSc. Nguyen Dat Thoai
Thanh Tri – Hanoi
Tel: (84) 243 8615485
Fax: (84) 243 8616821